A thigh lift is a cosmetic surgical procedure designed to reshape and contour the thighs by removing excess skin and fat. This procedure aims to create a smoother, more toned appearance in the thigh area, addressing concerns such as sagging skin and cellulite. Thigh lifts are often sought by individuals who have experienced significant weight loss or those looking to achieve a more proportionate and sculpted lower body.
HOW IS THGH LIFT / THIGHPLASTY PERFORMED?
– Thigh Lift Surgery usually takes about two to three hours. Because Montreal Thigh Lift Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Doumit, combine extensive experience with surgical innovations, your surgeon will uses the smallest incisions possible to remove excess fat and skin.
– Medial Thigh Lift Surgery is achieved through incisions in the grown region along the natural fold of the skin, which can extend down along the inner aspect of the thigh (Inner Thigh Lift Surgery) toward the knee.
– Through these incisions, the tissues will be reshaped, tightened and the excess skin will be removed for a smoother, better-toned thigh.
– A drain will be temporarily placed under the skin to drain excess fluid – there is no pain associated with drainage tubes. The incision is then closed with absorbable sutures. Dressing will be placed on the incisions.
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN RECOVERY OF THIGH LIFT SURGERY?
– Post operative discomfort is mild to moderate and it will be controlled with oral medications. The Thighs will be bruised and swollen for one to two weeks, and you may feel a burning sensation.
– You may shower two days after surgery. Montreal Thigh Lift plastic surgeon, Dr. Doumit, will ask you to wear a compression garment for few a weeks to help the healing process, reduce swelling and enhance surgical results.
Dr. Doumit is one of the few surgeons in Montreal that offers SMART LIPO (Laser Assisted Liposuction) and the only surgeon in Montreal that offers the latest SMART LIPO technology with the possibility of cellulite treatm